ISO 27001 Certification at A Glance
Information security is a critical aspect to think for any organization or individual. Businesses today face constant developments and adoptions in terms of technology and operations. So, how can you ensure information safety in the fast-paced digital world? That is where international standards and regulations come to the forefront of every organization, irrespective of domain, size, or function.
ISO 27001 Standard is an internationally recognized auditable standard that lays requirements on how organizations can manage information security. Certification to the standard confirms that your entity has a solid Information Security Management System (ISMS). Indeed, the standard act as a business differentiator in the modern era.
For acquiring ISO 27001 Certification, organizations require compliance with the standard requisites and demonstrate it to an external auditor/independent ISO certification body. And here is where you need to shake hands with an experienced and trusted ISO 27001 Certification Consultant /Advisory firm like ValueMentor.
The underlying case study points to an ISMS Implementation & Certification Support Project completed by ValueMentor for a well-known Analytics Company.
Client looking for ISO 27001 Certification
The client is a globally placed data-driven business organization with an extensive customer base spread in different domains like Telecom, Pharma, Retail, Tech, Real Estate etc. Indeed, data is their heart, and they always want to secure it by implementing the best industry practice.
Requirement of the Engagement
The client approached us with a clear idea of what they require and what it matters the most to their organizational values and goals. The engagement was to: –
- Implement a robust ISMS
- Achieve Compliance & ISO 27001 Certification
Challenges faced in the Engagement
One challenge that arose in the engagement process was the ongoing pandemic crisis. The physical reach-out was not a feasible choice. However, ValueMentor ISO 27001 Consultants were able to conduct the assignment remotely using Microsoft Teams. We were able to well-communicate each step of the deployment project in detail.
1. ValueMentor used a Two-Team Assignment Strategy to perform the activities in parallel. With this, we delivered quality documents and implemented processes within a shorter time.
2. We helped the client identify the gaps in their IT policies, procedures & processes and prepared a prioritized action plan to resolve gaps.
3. Our auditors assessed the client’s efforts to mitigate risks in line with the provided remediation roadmap and conformed validation of closures.
ValueMentor performed: –
- Gap Analysis walkthroughs
- Discussions with stakeholders
- Development of ISMS Policies and Procedures
- Preparation of Risk Assessment Register
- Preparation of Risk Treatment Plan
- ISMS Internal Audit
- ISO27001 External Audit Support
– Compliance against ISO 27001:2013 Standard
– Customer awarded ISO27001:2013 Certification
– Mature security practices within the customer IT environment
That was a successful engagement performed on ISO 27001 Standard Compliance and Certification. The client improved their overall structure (posture) and focus by strictly heeding to a safe security practice. A successful ISO 27001 Implementation and Certification meant improved customer and third-party trust and credence. With a solid ISMS in place, it is a vote of confidence for other stakeholders and customers that the organization takes information security on a serious note. Moreover, compliance can prove a powerful security defence against all potential information security threats.