What is NESA in UAE
NESA is the abbreviation for National Electronic Security Authority. NESA, now known as Signals Intelligence Agency or SIA UAE, is authorised by the United Arab Emirates (UAE) government and is responsible for improving national cyber security by protecting its information and communications infrastructure.
As part of this mandate, NESA has developed Information Assurance (IA) standards to provide security compliance requirements for entities that support critical national services across all sectors to have a minimum level of security. ValueMentor’s team of NESA UAE compliance experts helps organizations comply with the regulatory requirements of NESA with ease.
ValueMentor is a leading Risk & Compliance service provider in UAE, helping companies achieve NESA / SIA Compliance using UAE Information Assurance Standards.
Identify Critical Assets
- Project Initiation
- Understand the organization
- Identify critical business services
- Identify information infrastructure
Gap & Risk Assessment
- Assessment of current state and mapping it to NESA Standards
- Identification of threats and vulnerabilities exploiting the gaps resulting in risk.
NESA Controls Identification
- Identify cyber security controls that can mitigate the risks and thereby result in NESA Compliance.
- Define NESA Risk treatment plan
NESA Compliance Reports
- Develop the NESA mandated reports such as CII Operator reports, NESA Progress report and NESA Risk Assessment & Management document
NESA Policies & Procedures
NESA UAE policies and procedures establish the basis for implementing cyber security best practices.
Humans are considered the most vulnerable link in cyber security. Security awareness improves human understanding in developing an organization's cyber security posture.
- Security Architecture
- Technology gaps
- Configuration advisory
- Operational controls
- Physical Security
- Managerial Controls
Periodic Security Testing
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Penetration Testing
- Security configuration reviews
SIEM & Incident Response
- SIEM Solution deployment
- 24×7 Security Monitoring
- Security Device Management
Managed Network Security
- Next Gen Firewalls, UTMs
- URL Filter, Web Security
- Wi-Fi Security
- VPN and remote access security
Data & Endpoint Security
- DLP Solutions
- Patch Management
- Endpoint security
- Mobile Device Management
ISMS Performance Review
Evaluate the performance of the ISMS against the defined metrics. It helps in the continual improvement of the ISMS.
NESA Internal Audits
Perform periodic ISMS audits to assess compliance with defined policies and procedures of NESA standards.
Mock Compliance Audit
Perform mock compliance audits help you identify the weak areas of ISMS implementation.
External Audit Support
Assist the customer during the compliance audit to meet the required NESA requirements.