A Virtual CISO is an outsourced security practitioner who offers their time and insight to an organization on an ongoing basis, to help design or manage organization’s security strategy. The Virtual CISO (vCISO) service from ValueMentor is a subscription-based security management offering geared towards helping smaller to mid-sized companies that would prefer to partner with a specialist information security firm to perform some or all CISO functions.
ValueMentor Virtual CISO team works as an extension, not as a vendor, to your business. Our cyber security practioners have verifiable industry experience in cyber security leadership positions.
Virtual CISO Program
Significant Cost Savings
Impartial, Vendor Neutral Advice
Flexible to Customer Needs
Board and Senior Executive Engagement
Experienced Cyber Security Practitioners
Data Breach Ready
Regulatory Compliance and Governance
Specialist Training Completed
Extend it to full CISO Office
Enagage a Virtual CISO, Optimize Security
Goal of Virtual CISO Service
Guide Customer through annual security vision, mission, roadmap, planning and management
- Defining security strategy and goals
- Determining the level of acceptable risk
- Defining and implementing security and compliance governance
- Coordinating compliance activities and communicating with regulatory groups
- Help define security budgets and most appropriate security solutions
- Help define Security policies & processes
- Review current internal security controls
- Be a readily available expert security resource saving you time and money
- Attend monthly or quarterly executive meetings and board meetings
- Provide other advisory input as required
VCISO – Advisory Role
Some of the advisory roles the customer can utilize the vCISO includes the following:
- Manage the Information Security Management Program for the customer
- Provide strategic leadership on information assurance, governance and information risk management
- Act as the trusted advisory on information security and data privacy
- Provide advisory to address existing and evolving security threats
- Help identify, assess and select cost efficient technologies
VCISO – Managerial Role
Some of the managerial roles the customer can utilize the vCISO includes the following:
- Delivering security awareness programs for Sr. Management / Board of Directors
- Overseeing the Security Awareness Training program
- Overseeing the security assessments and associated risk mitigations
- Fine tuning the security plans such as incident response
- Overseeing the Internal / external security team associated with the customer
- Overseeing the vendor risk management programs
VCISO – Operational Role
Some of the operational roles the customer can utilize the vCISO includes the following:
- Participation and leadership in meetings, committees and interaction with board meetings, and other senior executives
- Creation, review and optimization of Information security framework, policies, procedures and processes.
- Perform annual maturity assessments of the information security posture of the organization
- Design / Review and update security architecture, design and assurance frameworks to address the existing and evolving security threats
- Representation of the client in regulatory queries / 3rd party audits
- Operate the incident response plan during an emergency / cyber crisis
Would you like to get a free VCISO Consultation?
With increased data theft and security breaches, PCI Compliance has become invaluable for every organization that accepts/transmits/processes/stores...
PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) is the baseline standard mandated by the government to achieve cardholder data security. The...
When it comes to keeping your business information or customer information secure, a safe Information Security Management System (ISMS) is mandatory...