What is PCI 3DS?
PCI 3D-Secure, otherwise known as PCI 3DS, is a message authentication protocol used in the Payment Card Industry that enables user validation with respective card issuers in Card Not Present (CNP) transactions. PCI 3DS core security standard offers an extra line of defence against online fraud in the payment environment.
ValueMentor is a leading PCI 3DS Auditor offering PCI 3DS Security Attestation Services globally. We help you stay compliant and secure against CNP frauds.
PCI 3DS standard helps organizations implement General Security controls for the EMV Three-Domain Secure (3DS) adaptation. The proper implementation of the PCI data security standard controls CNP fraud by allowing consumers to self-authenticate with their card issuer during a CNP transaction.
Identify PCI 3DS Services
- Project Initiation
- Understand the organization
- Identify PCI 3DS services offered
- Identify the infrastructure elements
PCI 3DS Gap Assessment
- Identify the 3DS infrastructure and 3DS Data Environment (3DE)
- Identify the gaps against the PCI 3DS requirements
- PCI 3DS Documentation
- PCI 3DS Security Testing
- Remediation progress tracking
- Periodic reviews of control implementation.
- Consultancy on new controls
- Review network segmentation
PCI Scope Validation
- PCI QSA will revalidate the final scope (PCI CDE) and identify the changes from the original scope.
PCI 3DS Onsite Audit
- Perform the testing procedures as defined in the PCI 3DS ROC template by PCI Council on the scoped 3DE environment
PCI 3DS Report Compliance
- Collection of the evidence of the 3DS Audit
- Document the findings of the 3DS Audit
- Validation of the ROC by a QA QSA
- Release the ROC for customer review
PCI 3DS Certification / Attestation
- Prepare the Attestation of Compliance (AOC) based on client confirmation of ROC
- Issue Attestation of Compliance
- Successfully completes the PCI 3DS project