Undetected cyber threats are lurking in organizational networks. Proactive Threat hunting helps you detect attacks you never saw coming.
Threat hunting is the active search for “unknown unknowns,” which describes new and novel attack behaviors that aren’t detected by current automated methods of prevention and detection. Studies shows, on average, it takes 10 days to detect an advanced threat, 39 days to mitigate & 43 days to recover from an Advanced attack. The ability to block advanced threats improves each year, but we face adversaries who are determined and creative, and their techniques evolve just as quickly. It is really hard to defend what you can’t see & understand using traditional security controls.
This raises a few questions:
- When prevention fails, what do we have left to protect our organizations?
- How can we discover gaps as fast as possible?
Scoping and Hunt Design
Defining the scope and hypotheses of the engagement is the initial step of a proactive threat hunting activity. We will work alongside the blue team to define the scope, whether it is organization-wide, limited scope or to address a specifically targeted threat. Depending on the scope and hypotheses, appropriate methodologies and tools will be planned to cover those areas.
Threat Hunting Technologies
In this stage, we will deploy the relevant technologies planned to perform the hunt to the scoped environment, configure and tune them.
Once the environment is set up with the relevant threat hunting tools, we will perform the hunt using numerous techniques and tactics to look for active compromises
- Cyber threat hunting helps you proactively uncover security incidents
- Identifying the unknown threats improves the speed of threat response and reduces the investigation time after a cyber incident.
- Help the organization improve the cyber defense systems
- Detect attempts to compromise your IT environment by sophisticated cyberattackers
- Improves the efficiency of the security operations center by reducing the false positives and enables the SOC to address future cyber incidents
- Improve confidence in your network integrity and data confidentiality
- Obtain guidance on your Information Security architecture and related security controls to improve the resiliency and security of your overall IT environment
- Obtain advice and recommendations on what actions to take to respond to and eradicate cyber threats
A team with Threat hunting in DNA
Our team of Experienced Threat hunters & In-house Unit-22, the Threat intelligence unit works collaboratively to detect & anticipate threats that are hidden in your enterprise networks.
ValueMentor MDR Technology Stack
ValueMentors MDR stack delivers a mix of proprietary technology, as well as Industry, validated technologies to generate actionable outcomes.
Synchronized Threat Hunting
We follow a synchronized Threat hunting approach, with our managed threat hunting team working closely with IR team & ensuring threat hunting outcomes are directly fed into IR processes leading to a true MDR service
A Unique Combination of Human Analysis & Automation
At Valuementor, we still believe in an Expert Human analysis as a foundation for Automation & hence greatly reduce the risk of automated data analysis missing adversaries.