Threat hunting is the active search for “unknown unknowns,” which describes new and novel attack behaviors that aren’t detected by current automated methods of prevention and detection. Studies shows, on an average, it takes 10 days to detect an advanced threat, 39 days to mitigate & 43 days to recover from an Advanced attack. The ability to block advanced threats improves each year, but we face adversaries who are determined and creative, and their techniques evolve just as quickly. It is real hard to defend what you can’t see & understand using traditional security controls.
This raises a few questions:
- When prevention fails, what do we have left to protect our organizations?
- How can we discover gaps as fast as possible?
ValueMentor Proactive Threat Hunting is designed to help customers go through a structured process in identifying the threats that are hidden and / or are not yet active.
Proactive Threat Hunting Process
Identifies unknown threats
Threat hunting helps you detect unknown / advanced threats that are not normally found using traditional tools
Complete Threat Coverage
Combined with traditional tools, proactive threat hunting enables organizations identify all threats hanging around in your IT environment.
Stronger Security Posture
Proactive threat hunting approaches cyber risks through an approach that is proactive in hunting and remediating unknown threats
Beyond Alerts & IOCs
SIEM Alerts and IOCs provides a great deal of support for Incident Response, however; most effective threat hunts are open ended searches and are not restricted to the alerts and IOCs
Faster Incident Response
Threat hunting results feeds into the incident response process. An early detection of an unknown threat, helps the IR team respond to them quickly before it becomes a disaster.
Security analysts taks a comprehensive approach by identifying what is happening in your IT and its operations. This results in gaining deeper knowledge about your IT and operations.
Let's Hunt for Cyber Threats
Cyber Threat Hunting
Combining the use of threat intelligence, analytics and automated security tools with human smarts
Scoping and Hunt Design
Defining the scope and hypotheses of the engagement is the initial step of a proactive threat hunting activity. We will work alongside the blue team to define the scope, whether it is organization wide, limited scope or to address a specific targeted threat. Depending on the scope and hypotheses, appropriate methodologies and tools will be planned to cover those areas.
Threat Hunting Technologies
In this stage, we will deploy the relevent technologies planned to perform the hunt to the scoped environment, configure and tune them.
Once the environment is setup with the relevent threat hunting tools, we will perform the hunt using numerous techniques and tactics to look for active compromises
Threat Hunting Benefits
- Cyber threat hunting helps you proactively uncover security incidents
- Identifying the unknown threats improves the speed of threat response and reduces the investigation time after a cyber incident.
- Help the organization improve the cyber defense systems
- Detect attempts to compromise your IT environment by sophisticated cyber attackers
- Improves the efficiency of the security operations center by reducing the false positives and enables the SOC to address future cyber incidents
- Improve confidence in your network integrity and data confidentiality
- Obtain guidance on your information Security architecture and related security controls to improve the resiliency and security of your overall IT environment
- Obtain advice and recommendations on what actions to take to respond to and eradicate cyberthreats
Why choose ValueMentor Threat hunting Service?
A team with Threat hunting in DNA
ValueMentor MDR Technology Stack
Synchronized Threat Hunting
A Unique Combination of Human Analysis & Automation
Would you like to know more about our Cyber Threat Hunting Service?
Are you a victim of a security breach? It is critical to assess any information security threat so as to understand the source and full extent of...
ValueMentor received an urgent call from one of our client, a money exchange house in Dubai, to perform a cyber forensic investigation on a security...
The “bash” Vulnerability This special newsletter is to update you about the recently disclosed “Shellshock” vulnerability and how to respond to this...